Friday, July 3, 2009

Rosalyn Ann



I decided for the next few days I would use each day to talk about each one of my kids... Today I will start with my first Rosalyn...




What a joy it was when she came into this world! Ben and I were young parents, he was 20 and I was just shy of a month before turning 20 when she was born. We had been married just a little over a year when we found out we were expecting... The emotions were overwhelming.. I always knew I wanted to me a mommy... when I was younger thats all I dreamed about and when I was nine my mom had my sister so thats where my mothering started =) I treated her like she was mine and always took care of her, actually I still do ;~} Ben and I were very excited but also nervouse because we had just bough our first house... But I knew it would all work out. My pregnancy was wonderful, I had mild morning sickness but besides that I enjoyed every moment.. I remember the day so clearly, it was Mothers Day weekend and I was only 36 1/2 weeks along. That Friday Ben and I joked with his aunt and uncle about how cool it would be if I had her for Mother's Day ( all the while I didn't ever dream it true) I wasn't due until May 30th.. So we went to bed that night and I dreamed about my baby girl..




Saturday morning Ben left for work around 4 am, he was working at a job site about 2 1/2 hours from our house... I woke up around 5 am went pee and ate some cereal, It seemed like I still needed to pee again... So not thinking really anything I went back to bed for a few hours... To my surprise I woke up with a puddle under me????? I was historical, I had nothing packed and my husband was 2 1/2 hours away... I paniked, I called my mother-in-law Julie and just started sobbing... "Im on my way is all she said and hung up" I gathered my things, called my doctor who ordered me to go to the hospital, then called my work to let them know...




Julie showed up at my house with towels covering the front seat! We made it to the hospital and I was admitted... Ben showed up in plenty of time, we welcomed our baby girl at 8pm that night weighing 7lbs6oz and 19in long!




She has been a joy from day one, she is a laid back take it all in kind of girl. As a baby she was always content and self entertaining... She was my "not going to do anything to fast girl" She never wanted to hold her bottle, crawled at 10 1/2 months, walked at 15 months.. She didn't talk to much and I always worried, my sitter would always say " Jamie some of the smartest kids I ever had didn't talk until they were older" She was just taking it all in... =) Today she is still that reserved little girl, she had a HUGE heart, loves Jesus, and wants to be friends with everyone. She is happy with the smallest things.. She enjoys reading, doing art, dancing, watching movies, swimming riding her bike and being a BIG SISTER! I am so proud of her, she really reminds me of myself...


Although as she is getting older we do deal with a little bit of sas, but I will not complian. She is growing into her own, wants to be independent with her style and her choices. Its actually nice to see what she is growing into... I love my little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment